In an attempt to avoid having to rent a car while we're there, we're planning on staying on site at both locations. We're most interested in Port Orleans - French Quarter for our stint at WDW, but we haven't decided which of the three Universal hotels would suit us best. Any suggestions?
I'm also a little confused about just how flexible the MYW packages really are? I've got a tentative schedule kinda thought up in my head, but I don't know if it will work at all, you know? For example:
- DAY1: afternoon flight to Orlando - Magic Express to WDW hotel. NO PASS NEEDED.
- DAY2: WDW park hopper pass
- DAY3: WDW park hopper pass
- DAY4: WDW park hopper pass
- DAY5: WDW park hopper pass (4 total)
- DAY6: pack & move from WDW to Universal hotel (any ideas on how to get from WDW to Universal?). NO PASS NEEDED.
- DAY7: Universal parks
- DAY8: Universal parks
- DAY9: Universal parks
- DAY10: pack - return to airport (does Universal offer an airport shuttle & if so, what does it cost?) for an early afternoon return flight to Canada. NO PASS NEEDED.
Hopefully, WDW will be offering the Dining Plan for free again... *fingers crossed* Is there any similar option available for Universal?
Assuming that we'll figure out our own flight plans, what would be reasonable to expect to pay for hotel rooms & park passes?
Thanks in advance!